Sep 9, 2010

the.waiting.room

In every hospital and doctor's office there is a waiting room, that is where we are left to wait until fate takes hold and we are given the answer to what the rest of the life of you or a loved one may be like.  Once we are in the waiting room we know just enough information to make us anxious but not enough to know what the future holds.  I have recently realized that I am stuck in the waiting room of life and have been for quite some time...now as cheesy as that sounds I want you (the general public, not so much you Chelsea) to take a look at your own life or the past couple of years of your life and think of all the things you have been doing "for the future."  We go to school and we work to make money but what are we working for?  For the responsible few who are actually saving said money, what are you saving that money for?  A family?  A home someday?  Don't get me wrong, it is important to learn responsible habits and work and save money for the future, but what are we giving up when all we are working for is the "somedays?"  Why do we have to give up the "todays" for the "tomorrows?"  Alright, that was a lot of quotations and questions filled with cheese for you to ponder, but I just have one more, why can't we learn to be happy in the weird in-between stages of our lives?  I have always been the type of person to think things like "when . . . . happens I will finally be happy" but I know that if I choose to live like that then I will never be happy.  We are all on the road to the future but why can't we make a few stops along the way, ya know stop and smell the roses.  I know that Chels will have a hay day mocking this just because she is heartless and can't show emotion like I can, but I think I have made my point very clear.  

Chelsea and I got together tonight to discuss our bucket list (the one that she and I will be working for together from now until the end of 2011)  It will be posted shortly, but it is not complete, if anyone out there is reading this feel free to leave suggestions or steal ideas for your own bucket list.  

Back to you my colored friend :)






No comments:

Post a Comment